What is The Pimlico Million?
The Pimlico Million is a resident-led a funding and community development organisation, funded by the Big Local. We have been given one million pounds to spend over ten years to provide community-led projects, support and development.
By the end of our ten years of funding we want our neighbourhood to be an even better place to live and work in, with opportunities for everyone to share in all the area has to offer and be supported to reach their full potential.
We will work together to:
• Create a safe, thriving and friendly place to live, where people feel that they belong and are well-connected to their neighbourhood
• Develop vibrant community activities with support and opportunity for all
• Build a community infrastructure to work to solve issues including better housing, health and education
The Pimlico Million Area
The Pimlico Million area is located in south Westminster. The area is bordered to the north by Sutherland and Lupus Streets, the south by the River Thames and to the west and east by Ebury Bridge Road and Claverton Street. The railway line runs through the middle of the area. Approximately 8,500 people live in this area and a large number of households are made up of older people and families with children. Included in this area is:
- Ebury Bridge Estate, currently part of a regeneration programme.
- Chelsea Gardens Estate including Wellington Buildings, Chelsea Gate Appartments, Gatliff Close Estate and Chelsea Manor Buildings.
- The new Grosvenor Waterside development.
- The listed Churchill Gardens Estate, the single largest in Westminster, consists of 40 blocks of between 4 and 9 floors.
- Peabody Avenue Estate, which is much older and smaller